Ramsgreave and Wilpshire
The station takes its name from two local parishes, Ramsgreave and Wilpshire whose boundaries meet adjacent to the station. The station was opened in 1994 replacing an earlier station situated about a quarter of a mile further up the line which was closed in 1962. Car parking for 6 cars is available at the station with additional parking in marked bays on the Bull’s Head car park which is located next to the station. The village centre boasts a range of shops and two hostelries the Bull’s Head and the Rising Sun. Food is available in the Bulls Head. Transdev operate a bus service on nearby Whalley New Road and bus stops for both directions are handily placed for the station. The nearest public phone box is five minutes walk from the station turning left at the Bulls Head. Ramsgreave and Wilpshire station is a good starting point for walks in particular towards the village of Mellor.
Ramsgreave & Wilpshire Station
SD 68536 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
Timetable from 18 May 2014
Manchester to Blackburn and Clitheroe - to 5 October 2014
To get live arrivals and departures for your station click here.
- Unstaffed station
- Hourly service to Blackburn and Manchester Victoria
- DalesRail service on summer Sundays – click here for details
- Car park (6 spaces at station entrance – additional spaces on Bull’s Head car park)
- Cycle hoop at station entrance
- Waiting shelters
- Additional seating on platforms
- Long Line Public Address
- Community notice board
To see National Rail’s new station facilities page for this station please click here.
- Bus stops on Whalley New Road (50 yards from station) – click here for bus timetables (225 & C25)
- Rail User Group – Ribble Valley Rail
- Friends of Stations group – RVR (contact Brian Haworth on 01772 533196)
Weather for this station
Click here for the weather forecast for this area